1. Most importantly, you need a good non-stick pan. If you don’t have one don’t make these. They won’t be good. Mix together all your dry ingredients in a large bowl. Crack in the eggs and whisk until combined. Pour in half the milk, whisking until your batter is lumpy. Don’t panic. The lumps will disappear. Pour in the other half of the milk and whisk vigorously until your batter is silky smooth.
2. Put your pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp of veg or sunflower oil. Wipe the oil round the pan with a bit of kitchen roll so it’s evenly distributed.
3. Ladle your pancake batter into a small mound in the middle of the pan. Start with 1 as the first 1 is always the worst. You’re stacks will improve as you go.
4. As soon as little bubbles appear on the surface of your pancake, put a few dollops of cookie dough on top and flip it over. It should be evenly browned. You can watch it rise once it’s flipped. Cook for 1.5 mins more until it’s fluffy and golden.
5. Do NOT keep adding oil to the pan between each addition of batter. This is why the non-stick pan is essential. Add two little mounds of batter to the pan and repeat the process.