Pan Care Information
1: Before use: We take this opportunity of re-iterating a few tips that our demonstrators and many leading chefs apply when using these pans: in the first instance, as with all things new, it is advisable to wash out the pan in warm soapy water, rinse, and dry thoroughly. This will ensure any packing residue is removed.5 yr gtee
In order to obtain the best cooking results with all BergHOFF cookware, we would recommend lightly seasoning the inside on first use, by simply wiping out with a piece of kitchen towel lightly dipped in olive oil and then gently heating over a low light for a few minutes to ‘seal’ the oil to the surface. Do not wash up again until after first cooking use.
This re-seasoning method can be used from time to time to restore your pans’ performance if you feel it may be of benefit after prolonged use.
- Fat-Free Cooking: To cook in a fat-free environment, especially with sticky food items such as eggs, the demonstrators advocate using a LOW cooking light. It is simply not necessary to use a high heat with these pans, which can intensify the temperature of the pan, both inside and out, resulting in food burning before it has a chance to cook.
However, the best tip we can possibly give is to cook on a low light as stated, but to use a lid at all times, thus creating some moisture for the food (especially eggs) to cook in, in the absence of any fat. If food is left to burn in a pan, caused by cooking over an excessively high heat for a lengthy period, especially using fats or oils that have been allowed to spill down to the underside, thus causing further burning to the base, and then not thoroughly cleaned after use, the result will be an impaired performance for future cooking, and as such is deemed as ‘misuse’.
If a pan is not performing after a period of time and this can be attributed to being ‘burned out’, or not thoroughly cleaned after use, then this cannot be claimed as a defect of the product, but a disregard of the use and care instructions.
- Cleaning: Never place a non-stick item of this cookware in a dishwasher. The salts and chemical detergents can damage the non-stick surface and the handle mechanism, causing an impaired non-stick performance and a tarnishing to the metal component of the handle. In some cases, it can also lead to a transfer of black deposits to the hands.
Although the cookware is ‘dishwasher safe’, ie it will not melt, break or crack in a dishwasher, this is purely to advise how durable the product is, but in order to retain the non-stick properties and not be in breach of the 5 year warranty, dishwasher use is prohibited.
The cookware should be hand washed in hot, soapy water, you will find that food deposits, fats and oils will easily lift, making harsh dishwasher use unnecessary. After each wash up, ensure you rinse thoroughly, and dry with a soft cloth.
Your BergHOFF cookware will give excellent results if cleaned thoroughly after each use. However, if you find from time to time that you have stubborn or burnt on food residue or sticky sauces, or oils that require more attention, we would simply recommend a good soak in hot soapy water, and the use of a kitchen sponge of the light/dark green variety that can be gently applied to areas where soaking is not proving effective. On no account use any kind of hard scourer, or anything like wire-wool, that has an abrasive surface which will scratch the non-stick.
- Utensils: Only wooden, plastic, rubber or silicone utensils should be used on the non-stick surface of the cookware, as use with anything sharp which may scratch or gouge the surface will void the 5 year warranty.
- Attaching/detaching the removable handle: Although this is a fairly straightforward procedure, you may wish to visit our website www.BergHOFFgb.com where there is a ‘live’ demonstration on how to attach the handle, for your convenience
- Five Year Warranty: BergHOFF provide a 5 year warranty for their cookware against a manufacturer’s fault to the non-stick surface, but notwithstanding that, the cookware should also be used in accordance with the use and care instructions provided above.
- Exclusions of Warranty: Damage arising from neglect, abuse, misuse, unnecessary over-heating, dishwasher use, metal/abrasive utensil or cleaners – either intentionally or inadvertently, and long standing normal wear and tear. Being made of glass, the glass lids are not covered by any warranty, as in any situation they can be accidentally dropped, knocked or smashed, but it should be noted that the metal knob will get hot to the touch during hob or oven cooking and should always be removed using oven gloves.
This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties. All pans are oven proof to 260c/500f. The glass lids are oven-proof to 200c. To complete your warranty please return this slip filling in all the details required or log on to www.BergHOFFgb.com where under BergHOFF products you will see the drop down warranty activation.For full terms and conditions please visit www.BergHOFFgb.com
LCC Shows & TV Promotions has the right to cancel any orders and refund customers in full without notice in case of errors and admissions.