Cooking doesn’t need to be messy. It takes time, it takes knowledge, it takes ingredients. None of that means that it needs to be messy. Choosing the right cookware like the BergHOFF Non-Stick Saucepot can ensure that whatever you cook, it is easy, quick and simple to clean up after you have finished. With the 2 layer Ferno-Ceramic surface, what might have been the toughest stains just slide off.
The Ferno-Ceramic surface can sear, fry and brown food – all without using any oil or fat. This means that you can cook healthy, nutritious food without sacrificing the flavour. The energy efficient, non-stick design of the cookware means that you do not need to use oil or fat to stop the food you are cooking from sticking to the pan. You can also cook on a much lower temperature than a regular piece of cookware, which allows you to conserve the vitamins, minerals and flavours.
The BergHOFF Non-Stick Saucepot has been designed for flexibility. Useable both on the hob and in the oven, you can easily move the pan between the two. With a detachable handle, you can simply use a handle when you need it, and remove it when you don’t. This makes the pot perfect for stews, casseroles and curries – where you start by braising the meat on the hob and move into the oven for a slow cook afterwards.
It is also easy to use the BergHOFF saucepot to make and serve soup and chilli. With a lightweight, but sturdy construction, you can make large quantities of nutritious meals, and then serve them directly to the table. The pot weighs only around ½ as much as a cast iron equivalent, but without losing any heat-retention. However, the straight to table design means that you don’t need to worry about hot pans damaging your table or table cloth.
Cleaning the saucepot is not difficult. The surface is designed to prevent burns and sticking. This means that you don’t need to scrub and scrape at the surface. Instead, the worst of any mess should simply slide off with a little water. If there is any residue or remaining mess, hot water and washing up liquid should be more than enough to clean the pot.
BergHOFF GB products are guaranteed for 5 years. The warranty is activated as long as you complete the Activate Your Warranty form within two weeks of purchase. This covers any manufacturing defects and errors that may occur as a result.
Three Onion Soup
75g unsalted butter
4 large onions, thinly sliced
3 red onions, thickly sliced
Bunch spring onions, finely sliced
3 bay leaves
6 fresh parsley sprigs
5-6 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra to garnish
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1½ tbsp unrefined dark muscovado sugar
2 tsp Marmite
2 tbsp mushroom ketchup
250ml dry white wine
300ml stout ale
1.35 litres best quality fresh vegetable stock
Sprinkling of grated cheese
- Heat your saucepot to a medium temperature. Melt the butter in your BergHOFF non-stick saucepot, then add the onions and herbs. Coat the onions in the butter, and stir occasionally for between 45 minutes and one hour. Cover with the lid in between stirring.
- Once the onions have softened and reduced in volume, they should have a golden brown colour. Remove the lid, and take the herbs out. Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add the sugar, and stir slowly for 10-15 minutes more. By this point, the onions should have caramelised and become a rich brown colour.
- Once thoroughly caramelised, stir in the Marmite and mushroom ketchup until smooth. Raise the temperature to a high heat, and add the wine, stout and brandy. Cook this for 5-6 minutes to reduce off some of the liquid, and then add all of the stock. Reduce the temperature again, and simmer the soup for 15 minutes. If any foam forms, skim it off with a spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. When the soup is thoroughly simmered, ladle it into warmed bowls, and scatter over the thyme sprig garnishes to serve.
- Add grated cheese to the soup to serve, or serve with crusty bread.
Get a BergHOFF Non-Stick Saucepot today, and see how easy it is to make tasty, nutritious meals.