How to Make a Romantic Dinner Quickly and Easily
Valentines Day is here – the time for romance and romantic dinners. For many people, this means going out to a restaurant and being treated to a meal prepared by a professional. For others, it means simply not having to do the cooking and cleaning. Making a meal for your partner is an expression of love – particularly if you don’t do it often enough.
However, how can you make a romantic meal if you don’t have much time? Many of us work long hours – with a commute on top. Preparing a meal for hours and hours simply isn’t an option. Fortunately, with the right tools
Limit the Equipment
One of the worst parts of making any significant meal is the washing up. The most effective way to make the washing up easier is to reduce the number of pots and pans you use. In fact, the best option is to only use one pan if you can. The BergHOFF Non-Stick Frying Pan is versatile enough to mean you can prepare a whole meal in just one pan. Whether it is on the hob, in the oven or both, a Non-Stick pan from BergHOFF can make the washing up simple! The superior non-stick cooking surface allows you to simply use warm soapy water on a hot or cold pan and the surface will be squeaky clean and ready to use again in no time at all.
Focus on Ingredients
Cooking can be difficult – if you make it. The easiest way to mess up a meal is to try things that you know are beyond your skill set. Focus instead on using the right ingredients. High quality ingredients, cooked simply, will always be tastier and more impressive that low quality ingredients that you have tried all sorts of techniques you are not familiar with on. Spend your time finding meat with higher welfare standards, vegetables that have been grown sustainably, and dairy from local producers.
Don’t do it alone
You don’t need to do it all yourself. Some people want a meal to be prepared for them while they sit back and relax. However, for others, preparing a meal together can be a romantic experience. Preparing a meal together allows you both to focus on what your likes and dislikes are, and enables you to be truly aware of the effort that went into making it. Plus, it saves on time!
Pan Fried Duck and Creamy Beans
- 1 Duck Breast
- 2 Rashers of Smoked Bacon
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Splash of Red Wine Vinegar
- Small Glass of White Wine
- 2 Tins of White Beans (Haricot or Butter)
- 100g Spinach
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Thyme
- Score the skin of the duck breast at 2cm intervals, then rub salt, pepper and garlic powder into the scores.
- Place the duck skin side down into your BergHOFF Non-Stick Frying Pan. Startcold, and turn the heat up to medium-high. Leave the breast for around 8 minutes, or until the fat has rendered and the skin become crispy.
- Chop the bacon and garlic while you cook the breast.
- Give the duck 4 minutes on the skinless side, and then remove from the pan to rest.
- Fry the bacon and garlic in the hot pan in the duck fat.
- Add white wine and red wine vinegar to deglaze the pan.
- Add the beans, including the juices, and simmer for a few minutes with additional salt, pepper and thyme to taste.
- Add spinach, and allow to wilt.
- Once rested, slice your duck breast finely.
- Plate your beans and spinach, and arrange slices of duck over the top. Don’t forget any resting juices – spoon these back over the top, and serve.
See what we're cooking up.
Bringing you the latest recipes for inspiration
... let us know how you get on!
24 November 2021
How to make the most of your Christmas leftovers
After you’ve had Christmas dinner, you’re usually left with a mountain of leftovers. While picking at cheese, and making enormous sandwiches is fun for a while, you can’t eat this way forever! Here’s some easy and fun ways to cook your leftover food.
30 June 2021
Pork & Fennel Ragu
A healthy and hearty meal to get past any fussy eater - make it a family favourite!
29 June 2021
Minute Grilled Steak or Bookmakers Sandwich
It’s quick, it’s fresh, it’s just what you need when you don’t know what you want!